The PVSITES software suite is based on the BIMsolar platform developed by CADCAMation. It allows professional and academic users to easily model and evaluate BIPV projects in terms of:
- Architectural design
- Energy production
- Thermal impact
- Light transmission
The PVSITES software is available to all for free in its current state (beta version) on the dedicated online platform:
▶ PVSITES Software Platform
A user-friendly interface guides you through iterative steps:
- Import of building 3D models from various formats, including BIM, such as .skp (SketchUp), .ifc (openBIM), .gbXML (Green Building) and .idf (EnergyPlus)
- Selection of project location and built-in download of corresponding weather data
- Visualization of irradiance on all surfaces of the 3D model
- Optional import of existing BIPV products in the software, or assisted self-design of products
- Easy, flexible layouting of BIPV modules and surfaces in various configurations (on roofs, facades, canopies, etc)
- Inverter selection and stringing of modules, either manual or automated
- Precise simulation of PV performance and including losses by shadowing and other factors
- Financial analysis to evaluate the project viability under different scenarios, including net-metering and self-consumption of electricity.
These features will be implemented in the tool before the release version, scheduled in late 2018/early 2019:
- Built-in database of all BIPV products developed within the PVSITES project
- Automated generation of project report
- Modelling of energy storage (batteries) and building energy management strategies
- Standardized optical simulation of glazing systems for skylights, ventilated facades etc
- Angular optical simulation of glazing systems for more accurate optical modelling of glazed products (tentative)
- Thermal simulation of glazing products (solar heat gain) and of modelled buildings (with EnergyPlus files)
Written guidance and FAQs regarding the use and restrictions of the PVSITES software tool are available on the dedicated online platform linked above. No direct support of users is yet available from the developer or PVSITES project consortium. Support will become available when the release version of the software is commercialized towards the end of the project, as a freemium model (Software as a Service).
Webinars are scheduled to take place in 2019 to present the capabilities of the release version of the PVSITES software. Sign up to the PVSITES newsletter below to be informed in advance.
Sign up to our newsletter and learn how you can get involved in the project.